Friday, April 13, 2018

Coordinate Point BINGO!

Quick post sharing my Coordinate Point BINGO!

Oh those pesky coordinates!  Why they gotta make slope and coordinates the opposite movements?  Let's simplify some lives Mr. Descartes!  So I always make my students label coordinates and slope with arrows as below:






As I started preparing my Geometry unit, I had the pleasure of relearning a lot of things.  I found the easiest way to do a lot of transformations was by just looking at points as oppose to whole shapes.  As a result, I decided to pull out and dust off my old Coordinate Bingo!

It names a point on the coordinate plane and you name it's location!  Simple enough except most are translations of points.  I thought this was perfect practice for our transformations!

This was created several years ago from the Ah-maz-ing template by Steve Mashburn.  I wrote more about it here.

You have 25 'calling cards' and 30 unique Bingo cards for the students.


Download the resources here for FREE!

I gave each student a fill page blank coordinate.  I used the STAAR Test one so they could get used to it!  I've included it here too.



I put these in my handy, dandy Smart Pals so they could write on them.  The Bingo Cards were laminated so they could write on them or use markers.  Great way to utilize those 2 color counters ;-)



I found it easier to project the calling card as well as reading it too.





This turned out to be great review and reinforcement prior to translations!

Enjoy!




No comments: