Thursday, March 22, 2018

Exponential FUNctions - Graphing

And today.... we graphed!  Below are the fabulous notes I received from my colleague, Mrs. Villarreal.  

I, of course, had to 'font' them up and fit them to my students needs with fill-in-the-blank and interactive notebook grid lines.



These are the finished ones.  I must place a disclaimer here: this is only the third time I have taught these.  In order to even learn them (as I had not done them in 20 years) I used these incredible resources I found on the internet by following along on this link.  Pretty sure I could not have done it as proficiently (or even 'ficiently') without these resources!  I wrote more about it on my earlier blog post here.


Download all the notes in both Word and PDF here for FREE!

I followed this up with another activity from Algebra Accents available on Teachers Pay Teachers:
Graphing Exponential Functions Review Jumbo Cards

$3 and it saved me about 4 hours of planning and manipulating!  Completely worth it!  The graphs were beautiful.  I know that a lot of blogs share free resources and that is generally what I do with mine.  I usually create activities that save me that $2 or $3 only to realize it takes hours sometimes away from my family.  This unit, I've used a lot of paid resources and as a result, I've been able to spend extra time at home and planning for my class.  Money well spent in my opinion.  Only took me 17 years of teaching to figure this out!  And this blog has helped me to appreciate the time that goes into creating activities like these! 

Another fabulous option that I completely forgot about until this writing was this one:
Exponential Functions Matching Game SAMPLE
And the icing on the cake?  It's FREE on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Simply click the picture above to be taken to this incredible FREE resources from Lisa Tilmon!!!


In years prior, we used this note sheet for our 3rd day of Exponential Functions.  This was after graphing and regression lessons and assignments from this link

                             Download these in both Word and PDF here for FREE!


As always, please let me know if you have anything to add or see any needed corrections!

Thanks!
Lisa

No comments: