Friday, June 1, 2018

DIY Teacher Notebook and all My Stuff for FREE!

Several years ago I was in a Teacher Quality Grant at Texas A&M.  One teacher shared the notebook she uses each year with us and I have been making one ever since.  I love having a one-stop go to for all my necessary info and one thing to file away at the end of the year.

This year I kind of ended on a Mario note so went with it for my notebook theme....



I just googled for some background paper and adapted all my editable resources to match.  I'll include a link to all my notebook stuff for you.

Below is a video of what is contained in my notebook.  Each teacher has their own needs but here are some ideas of what I have decided are necessary for my book.  I'll link older items like a grade book template and attendance pages for you as well.  



My earlier templates are kind of a mess as I was not quite versed in editing in power point but you can still use them as you wish!

Here is a video for you on how to change the background and font colors to match if you need:



Also, I'm quite a font junkie so many might need reformatting but my favorite are Janda Curlygirl and Alexis Marie. You can find both for free at dafont.com! I used these on a few template pages.

Here is the link to all my resources.



Including:


Contact Sheets:


Binder Spines:

Grade Sheets:

Covers/Dividers:

In preparation, I color print on cardstock and laminate the cover and dividers. You can also print on regular paper and laminate. I have one of those personal laminators and it's pretty thick so I used it for the cover this year.

For the slip sleeves, I just trim the edge off of regular slip sleeves from office depot. 

Both Staples and Office Depot offer binding services. They even have clear covers with solid backs if you desire. This year, I printed and used the 5 mil laminating with my personal laminator. 

I owe an extra Thank You to Ayme Warner for introducing the idea to us and graciously sharing all her templates!!  


Enjoy,
Lisa

No comments: