Friday, October 25, 2019

Pygmy Puff Project

For the past 2 years, I have done a Pumpkin Project for linear equations that is incredible! One of the most amazing resources I ever purchased was the Algebra 1 Curriculum from Algebra Accents on Teachers Pay Teachers!  She also sales a lot of very useful bundles and individual activities.  The Linear Equations 3D Pumpkin Garland is worth every single penny!  I highly recommend it!

As I planned this year, I realized the number of repeaters I have means I needed to do something different.  Always, and I mean ALWAYS inspired by Algebra Accents, I decided to create a project with similar construction but based on the needs of my students.

Something round-ish... something that could be done at any time... most importantly, something that I could use a lot of colors of paper on because we are out of orange!

And this year, I discovered the magic of Harry Potter!

And we have a Pygmy Puff Project!



I have included 4 different types of linear function graphing with 5 pages each. That is over 600 possible versions!

The types of equations include:
     -Slope-Intercept Form
     -Point-Slope Form
     -Standard Form
     -Graphing from a Point and a Slope

These are the ones that my students needed for their future math class so I designed it with input from my colleagues.  The Harry potter theme was all my nerdiness.

I put 2 problems on each page for 5 different pages you could use for each type of problem.  As always, ALL are EDITABLE! 



I also saved in PDF in case you like the font and cannot download. The font was called Harry P and is FREE on dafont.com

I've included a picture collage of the physical construction as well as the feet and face template. Get all my resources for Free here




I will add more pictures and reflection as my students complete it but wanted to share in case you could use it.  

As always, please let me know if you have any feedback!

Enjoy!
Lisa

No comments: