Thursday, May 17, 2018

Murrio and Friends going the Distance!

So for my last Murrio themed worksheet since I stumbled across Andy Lutwyche's Dinky King Activity is this little practice sheet.  But in all honestly, I found this to be the most interesting.

Here is my original Murrio themed activity and the scavenger hunt I did the day before.

I do not remember any time in my education actually 'comparing' the Pythagorean theorem and distance formula.  Prior to this year, I had always taught Algebra though and it had been years since I actually 'did' Geometry.  I found this lesson to be really informative and neat how they relate so simply.  And yes.... I'm a #mathnerd so that is likely part of it.

These are my quick notes.  We just did a couple of examples since they had been practicing the concepts.


And then we celebrated our knowledge with Murrio, Lequigi, Powser, and Princess Maisy...




The students did well and some did find the concept neat and do not remember comparing them before.


And so this was END GAME for Murrio and Friends...


It was a fun filled week of saving the princess, designing new games, hitting ? blocks, and reviewing and applying geometry concepts.  It is also the last day I'm giving notes this year!  Nothing like going out with the best video game of all time!

Download my resources in Word and PDF here for FREE. For any keys, please feel free to email me at camfan54@att.net from your school or professional account.  I've had students try and email for keys in the past but luckily their email said student! 

For my title and example font, Austie Bost Envelope, you may download it here for FREE to keep the formatting the same.


Thank you and please let me know if you see any issues with links or corrections on anything!

And thank you again to my new educational friend, Mr. Lutwyche.  I hope that your inspiration causes me more hours of work and my students more engagement.  



Enjoy,
Lisa

No comments: